Monday 5 December 2016

In-Class Exercise 8 - Part 1

This was the first exercise in animation, it was my task to create a set of 2 objects and learn how to use handles to animate the shapes a created. Handles seem to be a very useful way of animating as they allow you to animate more complex arrangements of shapes, they work by using a basic shape, in my case a 2D circle, to act as a parent for the objects you wish to animate. Through this manipulating the parent object via rotation, scaling or movement will apply that effect to all the child objects. In my scene this enabled me to rotate the 2 objects by simply rotating the 2D circle, I can see this being very useful as it will enable me to have greater control over the directions my ships are facing whilst they are moving hopefully leading to a smoother animation thus improving its quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment