Thursday 15 December 2016

Animation - Scene 2

For my second scene I wanted a group of 3 tie fighters to fly in from off-screen and fly towards the Star Destroyer to which they then loop under the ship. I first imported my tie fighter into my scene and scaled it down according to how I felt it should look, once this was achieved I duplicated the model twice and made 2 of the fighters child objects of the main fighter that would be at the front using the Parent Constraint. The next part was to create the path that the fighters would fly along, I thought about which tool would be best for this and settled for a Bezier Curve as this would allow me to create nice curving paths around my Star Destroyer. I created a path that curved nicely round my ship and did a test run of the scene so far to see if I was pretty happy with it and I was, the only things I had to change was the speed of the fighters in the graph editor and the amount of frames that the animation would last for. One problem was the awkwardness of the Bezier Curve tool, it was quite difficult to create the nodes where I wanted them as it would often place them further along one axis than I wanted this led me using the 2D Orthographic view mode to align the nodes of the motion path better. After this it was simple to just attach the group of fighters to the motion path and then make the motion path a child of the Star Destroyer so that when the fighters arrived they would always be flying over the star destroyer instead of it leaving them behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment