Thursday 10 November 2016

Star Destroyer - Making the Basic Shape

I created the basic shape of my Star Destroyer by starting with a cube and lining it up with my schematic, from this I Stretched out the cube and added some divisions to create the basic triangular shape of the ship. I then added the indents into the side of the ships using the Boolean difference tool to cut out the shapes that I wanted, from this I added some divisions into the side faces and then extruded them inwards to create the channels in the side of the ship. The last part of the main shape was to Add in some extra edges by connecting the vertices on the back of the ship, I then pulled the center vertexes inwards to create the engine housing. I created the shapes on the top of the main body by manipulating cubes and duplicating them and making minor adjustments along with extruding some smaller parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment