Tuesday 11 October 2016

In-Class Exercise 1

I have recently completed one of our in-class practical exercises, for this I had the simple task of creating a basic house in Maya 2016. I was given a rundown of how to go about doing this and merely had to recreate to the steps on-screen and achieve the desired goal. This did however take longer than expected, at the time this was my first experience of using Maya and I was lost in a sea of buttons and gizmos. I slowly trundled through the tutorial making many mistakes along the way, in a way these were a blessing as I slowly learned the basic interface and how to simply manipulate the objects in front of me.

The main issue I faced was at the very end of the tutorial in creating the roof, I was having difficulty creating the edges where I wanted them and I became quite frustrated by this so I decided to take a break and come back to it later. In the lecture the next day I was delighted to learn some new tools and methods of doing things that then enabled me to finish my project.




This was the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment